1st - Ian Simpson 197.12lb (New WBAC Match Record - Lake 1 P8)
2nd - Steve Brew - 123.8lb (Lake 1 P1)
3rd - Colin Cook - 115lb (Lake 1 P4)
1st - Colin Cook - 195.8lb (Lake 1 P23)
2nd - Graham Aveyard - 125.3lb (Lake 1 P4)
3rd - Rob Dickenson - 123.04lb (Lake 1 P1)
1st - Dougie Walsh - 99.8lb (Lake 1 P16)
2nd - Rob Dickenson - 97.0lb (Lake 1 P22)
3rd - Ian Simpson - 79.3lb (Lake 7 P99)
Teams of Three
Colin Cook / Barry Davis / Dave Gentile 18pts & 514lb (beat Ian Simpson / Jason Connah / Trevor Allpress also 18pts but 506lb)
A fantastic 3 days with over 5500lb of fish caught and 13 x 100lb+ weights recorded. lake 1 fished better than Lake 7 but we always expected that with more space on Lake 1.
The seeding worked well with 22 of the 27 anglers picking up during the 3 days and only 4 anglers picking up more than once.
Monday, 22 September 2014
Sunday, 10 August 2014
Friday, 1 August 2014
Following Mondays meeting the following was agreed.
1. As we have 24 fishing Wednesday and then 27 fishing the Thursday & Friday which is the Ronnie Ashbrooke Trophy we decided to have teams of three instead of pairs.
2. The anglers attending have been seeded into top third, middle third and lower third and each team will have one angler from each seeding. So it will be sections of 9 paying top 3 per section.(sections of 8 on Wed). Payouts to be finalised.
3. Seeds will compete against each other on all three days although the Thuirsday and Friday only will count for the Ronnie Ashbrooke Trophy.
4. The top team on Thursday and again on Friday will win £45 (£15 per man per day). The trophy will go to the overall top team after two days. Team results will be decided on points per seeded section.
5. The bottom team over the two days will also win a booby prize funded by Rick's spotties!!
The teams were drawn as follows
|Higher Seeds||Middle Seeds||Lower Seeds|
|Colin Cook||Barry Davis||Dave Gentile|
|Ian Lloyd||Rob Dickinson||Alec Raich|
|Steve Brew||Pete Walsh||Peter Canavan|
|Jeff Grantham||Dougie Walsh||Colin McPhail|
|Mick Flanagan||Jason Davies||Steve Gilmore|
|Paul Robinson||Andy Thompson||Harry Simpson|
|Ian Simpson||Jason Connah||Trevor Allpress|
|Phil Henry||Graham Aveyard||Keith Williamson|
|Billy Gore||Tyrone Davies||Rick Keeley|
6. The Higher seeds will draw Lake 1 Pegs 1-15 on Wed, Lake 1 pegs 16-30 on Thurs and Lake 7 pags 98-109 on Friday
7. The Middle seeds order will be the same pags as above but Lake 7 then Lake 1 lower nos then Lake 1 higher nos.
8. The Lower seeds will again be the same pegs but the order will be Lake 1 highers nos then Lake 7 then Lake 1 lower nos.
9. Rick is cancelling one of the Makins lakes as it appears we have only c12 anglers wishing to fish Saturday as well.
10. Draw times and final payouts to be confirmed once all payments are in by the end of August please to Keith. £120 for 3 days 2 nights
I think the two favourite teams have to be Colin Cook, Barry D, Dave Gentile along with Billy Gore, Tyrone, Rick as all those anglers have done ton plus weights on the Glebe before although I have to say given its all about points scored from a seeded section there are no weak team!!!
Sunday, 27 July 2014
Monday, 30 June 2014
The Glebe 2014 / Makins
Rick has booked Makins for the Saturday following the Glebe 3 dayer however we cannot get enough rooms at the Longshoot (I can only get rooms for 6 people so I am going to cancel them) so I was challenged to find somewhere else local.
Well the Travelodge Nuneaton called the Yeoman Harvester CV11 6EN is on the same road as the Longshoot and about a 10minute walk or 2min taxi ride away. Rick and Keith have stayed there before and you can then either eat at the Harvester onsite or go to the Longshoot Cavery at the extortionate £4odd each.
The only issue is you need to book your own rooms as its much cheaper to get a no cancellation room and they are paid for at the time unlike the Longshoot which I usually reserve and we just pay on the day. So if you sort out who you are sharing with and book with Travelodge on-line it's £29 for a double room, you request a pull out bed to be made up on-line and its then a twin for only £14.50 each. For breakfast you just go to the Longshoot or the onsite Harvester and pay there.
Here's the link http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/163/Nuneaton-hotel?gclid=CLWfq4CFor8CFSoCwwod_48A3g
By phone its 0871 984 6094 but they charge you a £2.50 booking fee!!!!
Remember to only book the Travelodge Nuneaton........do not book Travelodge Nuneaton Bedworth as that's the wrong place!!
It looks like a fair few aren't going to fish the Sat now so please let Rick or Keith know either way if you are fishing saturday or not as Rick may need to adjust the lakes booked. Additional costs for fishing Sat will now be just £15 as you will be booking and paying for your own room on the Fri night.
Here's those I know about, everyone else please let Rick and Keith know asap either way: -
- Not staying and not fishing Saturday = Jeff, Rob D, Steve B, Robbo, Ian S, H, Mick Flan
- Booking their own rooms and fishing Saturday = Billy, Alec, Barry, Rick, Keith, Dougie, Pete C, Ian L, Dave Grimes