WBAC

WBAC
Good job Cheshire Oaks is only local

Monday 12 August 2013

10th August - Hampton - Long

14 turned up....well 13 and I promided to arrive at some point when I had dropped Kath and the kids off at the IOM Ferry......plan was to fish 10.30-4.30 with me getting there around noon!

Jeff Grantham found some early fish on P29 at 4-5m including some better carp but was soon caught and passed by Ian Lloyd who never looked back once his left margin kicked off on P20, he was pestered by roach and rudd at times but the carp bullied them out of the way to set a new 2013 WBAC best with 117.13lb.

Jeff struggled down the edge and shallow but caught well having gone back to the 4m line and finished second with 69.04lb. Kev Valentine found the munters down the edge on P25 (i think) a little late to overhaul Jeff but managed 61.02lb incuding one at 15.14lb, a proper hippocrocopig.

My match, well I arrived a bit early than planned, rushed to set up on P14 but never felt right.....watched Ian Cook bag crucians and carp at 5m off P10 for all bar 2 hours and hadnt set up a 5m rig! I could have piloted the ferry out to the Mersey bar arrived at 2.30pm and still had a similar weight as it was the late late show with 7 carp late on drown the gutter for 37lb but not enough to catch Cookie who weighed 41.6lb (I'd like to think the 90mins made a difference but it didn't really I caught sod all early on and just would have caught sod all for longer I reckon!!!

Overall best venue this year with 34lb per man average and 480lb caught. Hampton can be a great venue with a little space.

Result
1st - Ian Lloyd - 117.13lb
2nd - Jeff Grantham - 69.04lb
3rd - Kevin Valentine - 61.02lb
Sections
- Ian Cook - 41.06lb
- Ian Simpson - 37.7lb
- Rick Keeley - 27.0lb

No comments:

Post a Comment